Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hikes - Shepards Clock (2012)



First off...take a moment...breath.... now click on the bandcamp link below and listen to the track Hikes has on for display. Come back when you are done I'll wait here.
















WTF?@!  THAT OPENING RIFF IS DEVASTATINGLY GORGEOUS. OMFLIP.

Seriously it could open a portal into another dimension. The rest of the song? equally gorgeous. These cats have something truly special brewing and I need more of whatever they are currently dishing out. Math Rock? yea sure but that guitar has clear Folk finger picking down home goodness baked in. harmonies? check. Sweet memorable melodies? check. Soaring boy/girl vocals? check. If this was part of an album and every song was this arresting I would dare say I'd need to block off some time to digest it. Can't say enough good things about this other than "I NEED MORE"


hikes

3 comments:

  1. hikes.bandcamp.com

    i couldnt find the link on there, so here it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!! I got so caught up I forgot the most important part !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well despite your harsh criticism, I actually dug this. Hope some more comes along soon

    ReplyDelete